IDEAS AT HOME
Affordable tips, trends and inspiration to keep your home beautiful, tidy and safe
As the days get gradually longer and hotter, the cool comfort of home offers a welcome retreat. Liven up those sultry summer days with our fresh take on city living: the Urban Greenhouse trend.
It’s all about clean, stripped-down surfaces and tactile textures: think reclaimed wood, exposed brick, raw concrete and galvanised zinc, perked up with bursts of citrus and green tones. Banish the dark colours, roll away the rugs, store the heavy winter throws and create a summer retreat that’s fresh, bright and cool.
A few quick seasonal fixes can make your home come alive. Rejuvenate your living room with cushions in tangy hues of lime green and acid yellow. Use indoor plants to make any space come alive, though it can be a challenge to keep them thriving and lush when the temperatures climb into the dreaded 40s. For perennial green spots that soothe the eye, consider our range of artificial plants in trendy metal planters; they add zing to your home without the maintenance hassles of watering and fertilising.
Juxtapose these green beauties with cool, shiny metal accessories that are sure to put the sparkle back into a tired living room. Choose from our range of delightful bowls, platters and trays, which can be set on a coffee table, added to a wall unit or placed on the dining table; they’re versatile too, you can use them to catch those wandering remotes or as ultra-glamorous fruit bowls. Why not change your picture frames for the trendy hammered metal surrounds our stores now stock? They make great gifts.
Transform your bedroom into a crisp, cool relaxation zone with our line of cotton bed linen. The lighting should be soothing, too; choose from our new line of stylish bedroom lamps that represent the epitome of clean, contemporary luxury. If you want to make a statement, look no further than this stylish tripod lamp with a white base. Alternatively, if you’d rather add a note of Zen appeal, opt for this clear glass lamp with a natural bamboo shade.
Fresh flowers are a delightful indulgence for your home when it’s unbearably hot outside. Keep them blooming in our range of chic vases in organic shapes, that suggest flowing brooks and reflective pools. These vases are so pretty that you don’t always need to keep flowers in them, they look great on their own.
If you need more decorating inspiration and ideas this season, just walk into any one of our stores. Our staff members will be happy to show you just what you need for an instant update or a major makeover.
See you at Home Centre.
Our Gifting Guide for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day – celebrated in the UAE and throughout the region on 21 March – is fast approaching, but there’s no need to worry. We’ve handpicked some thoughtful gifts to ensure your mom feels special and spoilt.
Whether your mum’s a magician in the kitchen or a woman with an eye for a stylish home, we have the perfect gift to make her day complete. Choose from crockery and serveware, decorative home essentials and even smart storage solutions – all designed to delight every mother.
"Love is when the happiness of another person is essential to your own." - Robert Heinlein
Each new year, we cast a thought or two towards accomplishing our resolutions and fulfilling our dreams. Research shows that our surroundings often impact moods and thoughts, so why not start where it counts – right at home? After all, it’s a time for new beginnings.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you jumpstart your home refresh:
1. Identify why you would like to revamp your home. Is it a practical solution to a life-changing circumstance like having a baby, or is it a desire to bring a breath of fresh air to your space?
2. Just rearranging existing furniture can give your room a new dimension and feel.
3. Paint is one of the most cost-effective and easiest ways to liven up a room. You can paint an accent wall or pick a new shade for the entire area. Wallpaper is another alternative for a brand new look.
4. Clutter can accumulate over time, but it’s easy to clear out the excess, reorganise and add storage, to give a room a new lease on life. Storage boxes, a new cabinet, some shelves on the wall, or extended wardrobe space make a real difference.
5. Instantly refresh rooms with new home decor delights. You can choose a new colour theme, throw in some bright cushions, get new drapes or a rug, or add a few different elements. Vases and other decorative ornamentation make a big, easy, difference too.
6. Add a statement piece that steals the attention and creates the ‘wow’ effect – it can range from a bright chair to eclectic lamps, floor vases, dainty curtains or chic art on the wall.
7. Change the position of lighting to change a room’s mood. A perception of more space or a cosier feel can also be achieved with a simple adjustment or two. Tea-lights, lanterns and funky lampshades are all great options available at Home Centre, to renew a room.
8. Indoor plants, available at low prices, can act as a mood enhancer in any room; they’re easy to maintain and generate a feeling of freshness in your living space. Artificial fauna can also have the same effect.
9. Artwork and wall decor can liven up the style of a room, and it needn’t be expensive. Even different shapes and sizes of mirrors can work wonders.
10. Add seasonal touches to your rooms to keep them fresh. Augment a neutrally shaded room with orange and plum during the winter, and go with brighter colours during the spring. Festive occasions like Eid, Diwali and Christmas are perfect times for festive looks, too.